Monday, March 3, 2014

A Book Worth Reading...





Don't judge a book by its cover is something I always say, but I must admit, I almost didn't read this book because I didn't find the cover too appealing. Then I read the back of the book and to be honest, I really didn't find the names of the characters too interesting.  Despite that, the story-line itself intrigued me and I decided to give Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech a chance, and I am very glad I did!

Sharon Creech tells a gripping story that will take you in from the beginning.  Salamanca Tree Hiddle's mom is gone and Salamanca sets out with her grandparents in search of her.  Sal's becomes friends with a girl named Phoebe and realizes they have more in common than she thought. 

I loved Sal's relationship with her grandparents. I loved how her grandparents acted, well...like grandparents.  This is a tightly woven story that I think many people can relate too. This book brought back some childhood memories for me, as well as, lessons I will use in my classroom when teaching my students.  

I love the author's writing style.

Definitely a book worth reading!














No comments:

Post a Comment